The XPH06 is powered by Makita's efficient BL Brushless motor, which is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge than similar non-brushless tools. Electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application for increased power and speed when needed. And since there are no carbon brushes, the BL Brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life. For added durability, the XPH06 features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT). XPT is a protective seal inside the tool engineered for improved water resistance by channeling water and dust from the tool's key internal components. The XPT-equipped XPH06 is engineered for improved operation in harsh jobsite conditions. Ease-of-use features include a 1/2 in. keyless chuck for quick and easy bit changes. It also has a built-in LED light that helps illuminate the work surface, and a rubberized grip for improved comfort.
The efficient BL Brushless Motor delivers 530 in-lbs. of maximum torque with 16 clutch settings, a variable 2-speed all-metal transmission (0 - 400 / 0 - 1550 RPM), and hammer and drill modes to cover a wide range of applications. The XPH06 also has an excellent power-to-weight ratio, and with a compact size at 7-7/8 in. long and only 3.9 lb. The XPH06 ft.s percussive hammer and driver-drill capabilities are engineered for the pro that wants more features and is capable of handling a range of drilling and driving tasks into wood, masonry and steel. It's ideal for any pro contractor who requires a cordless hammer driver-drill with a combination of torque and speed in a compact size.
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 7-7/8 in. long; weighs only 3.9 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) for improved dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- All metal gears for increased durability
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Redesigned rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery to produce more lifetime work
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature3-year warranty on tool and 1-year warranty on battery
- Compared to LXPH05
- 18V LXT Cordless Lithium-Ion Brushless 1/2 in. Hammer Driver Drill (Bare Tool) - XPH06Z