Makita's 9 in. Angle Grinder (model GA9060), combines 15 AMP power with comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial performance. The GA9060 is ideal for masons, welders, ship yard workers, automotive technicians, stone/tile work, HVAC, electricians, and general contractors for a range of industrial grinding applications. The GA9060 is powered by a 15 AMP motor that delivers 6,600 RPM for the most demanding applications. The labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life. In addition, the armature is sealed by a protective zig-zag varnish which prevents contamination by creating a barrier under rotation. The GA9060 weighs only 12.1 lbs. and is built with comfort and ergonomic features for extended use. The grinder features an ergonomic rubberized handle with trigger switch, and the gear housing can be positioned every 90 degrees for operator convenience. The side handle can be easily installed on either side of the tool. The GA9060 is a versatile and powerful grinder engineered for demanding applications including cutting, ferrous metal, paint and rust removal, shipyard maintenance, heavy machinery, metal polishing, general steel grinding, auto repair work, cutting brick and masonry, and restoration work. The grinder is built for welders, fabricators, plumbers, masons, electricians, automotive technicians, stone and tile workers, HVAC, and general contractors seeking a best-in-class industrial quality angle grinder.
- Rear handle trigger switch with no lock-on feature; lock-off feature requires two actions to start the grinder.
- Redesigned motor with greater armature stability and larger commutator bars for 3 times longer life compared to previous model
- Zig-zag epoxy on both sides of the armature coil and a powder-coated field for added protection from dust and debris for longer motor life
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Aluminum gear housing provides superior gear alignment and smoother transmission for increased durability
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
- Side handle installs in three locations for operator comfort in various applications
- Large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes while wearing gloves
- Brush spiral spring allows for a 30% larger brush and increased air-flow compared to previous model
- 9 in. Wheel Guard (122938-0)
- Inner Flange (224317-9)
- Lock Nut (224486-6)
- Lock Nut Wrench (782412-6)
- Side Handle (143486-6)