The Makita 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Barrel Grip Jig Saw (tool only, batteries and charger sold separately) delivers fast and efficient cutting, with a compact design that’s engineered for ease-of-use and maneuverability. It features a barrel grip design for closer-to-work cutting, and is ideal for woodworkers, cabinet makers, remodelers, and general contractors. Makita 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries provide improved balance and ergonomics over pod-style batteries, and for convenience the batteries include an on-board L.E.D. charge level indicator (batteries sold separately).
The Brushless Barrel Grip Jig Saw has a compact and ergonomic design with less weight (only 3.9 lbs. with 12V max CXT 2.0Ah battery, sold separately). The efficient Makita-built brushless motor is engineered for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. The variable 5-speed control dial (800-3,000 RPM) enables the user to match the speed to the application, and the 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting provide added versatility. The soft start suppresses start-up reaction for better accuracy, and the no-load speed reduction feature automatically reduces SPM for more accurate cutting starts. Convenience features include “tool-less” blade changes, large 2-finger variable speed trigger with lock-on button, dual L.E.D. lights, and a built-in dust blower to clear the line of cut.
For longer run time, all 12V max CXT cordless tools are also compatible with the 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery (BL1041B, sold separately). 12V max CXT lithium-Ion batteries are engineered with a Battery Protection Circuit that protects against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating. It’s part of the expanding 12V max CXT series, combining performance with superior ergonomics in a compact size.
- Makita-built brushless motor and 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting deliver faster and more accurate cuts in a variety of materials
- Variable 5-speed control dial (800-3,000 SPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for better accuracy
- No-load speed reduction feature automatically reduces SPM for more accurate cutting starts
- Efficient BL Brushless Motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and SPM to the changing demands of the application
- "Tool-less" blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Tilting base for bevel cuts from 0° - 45°
- Heavy gauge aluminum base for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability