Makita, a pioneer in brushless motor technology and battery innovation, combines both in the 18V X2 LXT (36V) Lithium-Ion Brushless 7in. Paddle Switch/Angle Grinder with Electric Brake. It's powered by two 18V Lithium-Ion batteries (batteries and charger sold separately) for 36V power and performance, and has an electronically-controlled BL Brushless motor that matches torque and RPM to the application. Makita 18V X2 means freedom from the cord, even for demanding applications like grinding and cut-off applications that often call for a corded grinder. Best of all, users can remain in one battery platform, using the same fast-charging 18V batteries on the XAG12PT as they use across the Makita 18V LXT cordless tool system.
The XAG12PT is equipped with efficiency features for maximum performance. The electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 4.5 second or less for maximum productivity, and the Electronic Torque Control turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or the wheel is forced to a stop. For consistent performance, Automatic Speed Change technology adjust speed and torque during operation. For added comfort the vibration absorbing back handle is isolated from the motor housing for reduced vibration, and the soft start feature suppresses start-up reaction for smoother start-ups and longer gear life. It has a no lock-on rear handle paddle switch, and the anti-restart protection is engineered to prevent motor start-up when the battery is inserted with the switch locked on.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
- The Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 7,800 RPM
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries deliver corded power without leaving the 18V LXT battery platform (batteries not included)
- Electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 4.5 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- Electronic Torque Control turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- Vibration absorbing back handle is isolated from the motor housing effectively reducing vibration to the operator's hands
- Rear handle paddle switch with no lock-on feature
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Grinding wheel
- Cut-off wheel
- Grinding wheel guard
- Cut-off wheel guard