Combines speed and capacity in a compact size for a full range of metal cutting applications. This band saw has a compact size and weighs only 7.5 lbs., which is up to 25% less weight than top competitors in the 18V category. In addition, it has a cover over the blade (outside the cutting area), which meets ANSI Standard 60745-2-20 and qualifies the saw as suitable for appropriate one-handed operation. The saw accepts standard 32 7/8 in. x 1/2 in. blades, and with a 2 1/2 in. cutting capacity it is ideal for cutting conduit, Unistrut , copper pipe, threaded rod, angle iron, and channel. Part of Makita's expanding 18V lithium-ion series, they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls . Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and compact lithium-ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Motor delivers 630 ft./min. blade speed for faster cutting.
- Compact design at 18 1/2 in. long; weighs only 7.5 lbs. (with battery) for convenient operation
- 2 1/2 in. cutting capacity is ideal for cutting conduit, Unistrut , copper pipe, threaded rod, angle iron and channel
- Includes a blade wheel cover that covers the blade outside the cutting area making the saw suitable for appropriate one-handed operation: meets ANSI Standard 60745-2-20
- Accepts standard 32 7/8 in. x 1/2 in. blades
- Built-in LED light illuminates the work area
- Protective bumper design for added durability
- "Tool-less" blade change system for fast blade installation and removal
- Adjustable foot protects material and provides improved support for accurate cutting
- Soft grip handle provides increased operator comfort
- 18V LXT Compact Band Saw (XBP01Z)
- (2) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- Tool Bag
- Compact Portable Band Saw Blade 32 7/8 in.
- 14 TPI (B-40543)