Makita has delivered a cordless and spark-free cutting solution for rebar and steel rod with the 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Steel Rod Flush Cutter (model XCS02ZK, tool only). The XCS02ZK will cut up to #8 Rebar or 1 in. threaded rod up to 1/8 in. flush to the surface. It's powered by a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For increased durability, the XCS02ZK is equipped with Extreme Protection Technology (XPT ) for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions. It is an ideal solution for work away from a power source or in remote locations.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls . Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- BL Brushless Motor delivers 2,200 RPM for faster spark free cutting
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- Spark free cold cutting of rebar, threaded-rod and other metal objects with a carbide-tipped cutting blade
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Chip collecting bag captures metal cut-offs (optional accessory)
- Stopper holds the rebar at 90 degrees to the cutting blade for faster and more precise cuts
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Three position adjustable side handle for operator comfort and convenience
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 18-17/32" long
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- Weighs only 8.18 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Tool only (battery and charger not included)
- 4-5/16 in. 24T Carbide-Tipped Blade (SC19002890)
- Side Handle
- Tool Case
- Long Hex Wrench M5