The Makita 18V X2 (36V) LXT Brushless 6-1/2 in. Plunge Circular Saw Kit (XPS01Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately) delivers precise and more accurate cutting when combined with an optional guide rail system (sold separately). The saw and rail system work together to produce accurate cuts with minimal tear-out. The saw combines a powerful Makita-built brushless motor powered by two 18V LXT batteries with Automatic Speed Change Technology, which adjusts cutting speed and torque during the cut for optimum performance.
The Saw has a variable speed control dial (2,500 – 6,300 RPM), with soft start and an electric brake for added convenience. It has a large 2-3/16 in. cutting capacity at 90 degrees, with a bevel capability of -1 degrees to 48 degrees and positive stops at 22.5 degrees and 45 degrees. When used with a rail system (sold separately) the Plunge Circular Saw is a more portable option to a table saw for select applications, and is ideal for use on the job site or in a workshop.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls . Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Powered by two LXT batteries; X2 LXT technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord (batteries not included)
- Makita built electronically controlled BL Brushless Motor delivers 6,300 RPM for maximum performance and 50% longer run time per charge
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- Variable speed control dial (2,500 - 6,300 RPM) for optimum performance in a variety of materials
- Ideal for cutting large wood panels and other wood materials in confined areas
- Close to the wall cutting (11/16") for expanded cutting applications
- Large cutting capacity (2-3/16" at 90 degrees; and 1-9/16" at 45 degrees)
- Bevel capability (-1 degrees to 48 degrees) with positive stops at 22.5 degrees and 45 degrees
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smooth cutting
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Easy-to-set depth adjustment with large scale
- Smooth and convenient plunge release lever for operator comfort
- Dual front and rear bevel supports provide additional rigidity for precise and accurate bevel cuts
- On-board hex wrench for fast and easy blade changes
- Locking lever holds the blade in position so that the wrench can be inserted through the hole in the blade case for easier blade installation
- 6-1/2 in. 55T C.T. Cordless Plunge Saw Blade, Wood, MDF, Lam. (B-57071)
- Hex Wrench (783203-8)
- Tool only (battery and charger not included)